Script of maa veins.....

The Script of ma Veins.....

Listening to other’s life can give us some rare experiences and beautiful moments that we can never experience our own... Life- ...

Wednesday 19 July 2017

The Garlic Naan...

"And yet it was only while painting that I noticed how much light there still was in that darkness" The caption was still stuck somewhere in my mind after leaving the 'Van Gogh and The Seasons' exhibition hall.





Starting from the early morning shift at the Sports Centre, the day was a pretty long one with a proud feeling for accomplishing many of the ever-postponed tasks. It would have been a pathetic miss for a fan of colors, like me, if I didn't visit National Gallery of Victoria that morning.  To mention, Van Gogh was an influential western artist of late 19th century who created impossible color combinations on his canvas and showed his love for seasons and colors of nature.  

Thanks to my Chinese friend, who somehow managed to bring out this brilliant Friday evening-plan with her struggling English. Her amusement to see those amazing pieces of color combinations absorbed on a canvas was quiet surprising for me. I hardly had any idea that she has an artistic touch even though she is my good friend since last one year.



We had a good talk, listening to the waves of yarra river, feeling the cold wind and watching the naughty Seagles. We almost covered everything from the east coast of China, Shanghai, her home town to the south-most tip of India, Kerala, my own heaven. Topics varied from food, culture to the entirely different concepts of languages. Said to be speakers of two of the toughest languages of the world, Malayalam and Chinese (Well, I know, it's a comparison of the youngest member of language family to the ever old grand parent! But, still, they both were born for the same purpose and are beautiful too.) , I noticed that we could mimic almost all the hardest pronunciations of each other's language.





The funniest part of the day was the dinner tough, when I took her to an Indian restaurant and ordered "Garlic Naan and butter chicken", specially for her. Lol! I still remember the way she did the "Surgery with her knives" . May be because of the fact that I had plenty of time to watch her beautiful act of eating after quickly finishing the meal in the so called Indian way. I couldn't resist my laugh as she said " I am tired" in her Chinese slang when I ordered the second Naan for her! She had to eat, and more over, to give a feedback "awesome food" on that genuine colorful winter eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment